This year the guidance regarding influenza (flu) vaccinations has changed and in addition new social distancing requirements mean we will be running our clinics differently this year. The key changes are:
- The Flu clinics will initially be spread over 2 weeks in September/October starting straight after our first delivery of the vaccine, with further clinics to follow. We also have Saturday availability for those of you who find it difficult to attend during the week.
- This year you must book an appointment in advance and arrive at the time of your appointment wearing a face covering (unless exempt for medical reasons). There will be a one way queuing system and social distance measures in place. Please ensure you wear weather appropriate clothing as you may initially be queuing outside of the surgery.
- If you are over 65 or have chronic heart, lung, liver or kidney disease, if you are diabetic, have a weak immune system, or have a poorly functioning or absent spleen, are a Carer, are pregnant, or have learning disabilities NHS England advises that you should have the vaccination. Please book in now on either online or by phone 01384 322300, please be patient as our phone lines are very busy.
- If you have a child who has a date of birth between 9th September 2016 and 31st August 2018 they are entitled to a free flu nasal vaccination at the Practice under NHS England entitlements. We will be running a special clinic for these children and will be contacting those who fall into this category when the clinics and vaccines are available. Please attend with just 1 parent and the child/children being vaccinated if possible unfortunately we may not be able to vaccinate parents at the same clinic appointment.
- If you are aged between 50 and 65 you are now entitled to a flu vaccine from the NHS, but unfortunately there are not the supplies to vaccinate you at present. Please do not book an appointment as we will not be able to vaccinate you in the initial clinics. We will of course let you know as soon as appointments are available for this group; we have been advised by NHS England that this should be around November/December time.