Form SC2 can be completed by you to cover a period of absence from work; this is available from your employer. If you are sick for more than 7 days your employer may ask you for a Fit Note from your doctor, in this case you should advise the receptionist before booking an appointment as a telephone consultation may be sufficient.

If you are self-employed or unemployed and have been sick for 4 days or more you may be entitled to benefits, further information can be obtained by calling 0800 055 6688 or visiting Job Centre Plus.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website